About us - St George's
St George's Defence Holiday Suites
Operated by Service Personnel Help Society Inc (SPAHS), a registered charity, St George's provides affordable holiday accommodation for current and former service personnel, their spouse and their dependent school age children from Australia and its allies. See Booking Rules
Since 1915, SPAHS has hosted thousands of eligible guests at its seafront facilities at Rainbow Bay, near Coolangatta on Queensland's famous Gold Coast;. It is literally only metres from the renowned surfing mecca of Snapper Rocks and within easy reach of both Duranbah and Greenmount surf breaks.
St George's is open. The first guests, Mr. & Mrs. Duffy, are welcomed by the managers, Rosie Sawyer & David Phillips on 12th December 2016.
Our new building has opened with a wide range of modern self contained accommodation including a range of studio and apartment accommodation with interconnecting rooms for larger groups. It also offers a large community social area.
For serving and ex-service personnel St George's provides a perfect beachfront short break location while, those who do not qualify for St George's can enjoy a holiday in The Garland luxury apartments situated in the same development.
An inviting beachside sanctuary, an elegant retreat.
Each of the apartment rooms and suites at our beachfront luxury resort on Rainbow Bay encapsulates exciting experiences at the Southern Gold Coast, effortlessly weaving seaside comfort, community interaction and refined luxury.
In the St George's facility, most rooms provide accommodation with a private vantage point of the sparkling Pacific Ocean. In the iconic The Garland Apartments, fresh and elegant guest rooms are furnished with crisp white bedding, soft pillows complimented by a warm paint palette accented with seaside tones.
Created to become a rest destination for service and former service personnel, St George's Defence Holiday Suites is one of the few luxury North facing beachfront resorts in Australia.
Enjoy a holiday with friends on The Gold Coast, the favourite destination for holiday makers from around the World.
St George's Defence Holiday Suites are located on the first 3 Levels with a BBQ and large Community area located on the 1st Level.
- Free WIFI
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Large community areas for guests to socialise
- Community kitchen & BBQ
- Guest laundry on each level with ironing facilities on Level 1 & 2
- Limited undercover car parking on site
- Lift access
- Tour Desk help with bookings for the huge choice of local holiday activities
- Beachfront apartments
- Enabled apartments with accessible bathrooms
- Choice of ocean view or garden view
- Air conditioned suites
- Interconnecting rooms for larger groups
- Starter pack for your first night stay
St George's Defence Holiday Suites
192 Marine Parade, Coolangatta QLD 4225, Australia
We are literally only metres from the renowned surfing mecca of Snapper Rocks and within easy reach of both Duranbah and Greenmount surf breaks and other various things to do.
- 10 minutes short drive to Gold Coast International Airport
- For Airport Transfers - GC Cabs 131008 - please choose Gold Coast area.
- Shuttle bus may be arranged to the airport and the theme parks.Minimum of 24 hours' notice is required.
- Perfect beachfront short break location
- World class entertainment at TwinTowns Clubs & Resorts
- Stroll to Tweed Mall shopping centre or bustling Marine Parade Coolangatta.
- Views to Surfers Paradise and multiple lookouts nearby
- The pristine beach at Rainbow Bay & Snapper Rocks
- Grocery shopping is available from Tweed Heads Mall (Woolworths & Coles) and The Strand Mall- Coolangatta (Woolworths & Aldi)
- Many specialty shops.cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance to Coolangatta and Tweed Heads.
- Coolangatta Beachside Markets every 2nd Sunday of the month & the 4th Sunday when there are s Sundays in the month